A H I M S A Y O G A
Retreat at Felden Lodge, August 2017
We had a lovely weekend at Felden Lodge, sharing yoga, conversation, food, nature and just being. Our time together included Yin and Yang yoga, some meditation, a session on yogic anatomy (know your chakras from your nadis!) and a savasana (relaxation) workshop with Ellen Lee. A big thanks to Ellen and to everyone who came along.
“Stimulating, relaxing, thought-provoking” – one of this year’s participants.
There’s a lot of nonsense talked about yoga these days…Want to read in-depth and intelligent articles, sections on what’s on nationally and locally, and more? – Read Namaskaram, the online magazine of the Independent Yoga Network. http://www.namaskaram.co.uk/
Yoga Etiquette…a general guide
These are my guidelines…
1. Try to arrive at class at least 10 minutes early to settle before it starts.
2. If you are late and our period of quiet sitting has already started, stand quietly just outside or just inside the door.
Wait until after we have finished before you unpack your mat and find your space in the class.
3. Refrain from wearing strong perfumes, hair-sprays or deodorants.
4. Stay for savasana (relaxation), this is an important part of the practice and is not optional.
5. Turn off your phone. If it makes a noise it will disturb others as well as you.
6. Respect the space and mats of others. For example, don’t walk across someone’s mat to cross the room,
or stand on it without permission.
7. Be present in your class…respect and try to listen to your body, mind and breath at all times.
8. Yoga is not competitive…try not to look at others. Their practice is theirs and yours is yours.
What do you think?
NEW Hitchin Yin Yoga!
Monthly Friday session at the Samuel Lucas JMI School on Gaping Lane in Hitchin. Hour and a half class. £10 drop in. The regular day will be the 3rd Friday of each month. See Yin page for dates.
December 9 2017 – Workshop: Yin and Yoga of the Inner Path.
Tutors: Rachel Williamson and Sarah O’Connor. 1.30-5.30pm. Venue: Samuel Lucas JMI School, Hitchin. See Events page for full details. Spaces are limited so book yours now if you want to join us.
February 3 2018 – IYN Regional Day of Yoga in Hitchin
All welcome. A choice of classes, workshops, and talks throughout the day. A chance to experience a broad variety of approaches and teachings, as well as to share friendly community at a very reasonable price. Teachers include Ellen Lee, Sarah O’Connor, Neelam Taneja, Sue Hix, Sharon Cohen, Paul Collins, Luke Lucas and myself. Cost: IYN Members £35, non-members £45
Buy tickets here: http://iynyogadays.org/index.php/hitchin/
April 21 2018 – IYN Conference – The Future of Yoga.
Venue: Linden House, Tettenhall Road, Wolverhampton. A discussion day with a “question time” format, open to all with an interest in yoga. For more information and to buy tickets follow his link: http://iynyogadays.org/index.php/conference/
May 29-31 2018 – Yoga Retreat
At the Dower House, Hexton. Limited spaces remaining. Contact me if you’re interested. See Events Page for details (link).
“The success of Yoga does not lie in the ability to perform postures
but in how it positively changes the way we live our life and our relationships.”