2 Medium Beetroot
About 20 mint leaves, chopped
1 small red onion (or regular onion if that's what you have.)
500 grams of cooked chickpeas
1 tsp Ground Coriander
4 tbsp Gram Flour or other gluten free ﬂours
- Pre heat Oven to 220C
- Peel and grate the beetroot.
- Chop mint leaves
- Slice the red onion.
- Drain and rinse the cooked chickpeas in a colander / sieve.
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor and blend for 20 secs.
- Add the ground coriander, red onion, grated beetroot and the mint.
- Add gram ﬂour and blend another 20-30 secs.
- Shape the mixture into balls, should make about 12, then squish each one to ﬂatten it slightly. Line a baking tray with some baking paper and lay falafel out into a single layer. Bake on the top shelf of your oven for 15-20mins
Serve with salad & pitta